I have been dying to try this recipe since I discovered it. What could be better than rich creamy goat cheese in the middle of a juicy meatloaf?
This meal looks and sounds fancy, but in reality, it is a very simple recipe that anyone can do. So go ahead, open a bottle of wine, invite your friends, and prepare to delight them with this impressive dish.
You start by mixing the eggs, onion, garlic, and spices into the beef. Then you form the mixture into a rectangle onto either a piece of aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Then you layer on the goodness.
It is beautiful even before it is baked.
After you are satisfied with your filling, you simply roll the meat into a loaf.
It's not quite as beautiful when it is done, but I promise you, the taste is pure delight.
This is, hands down, the most flavorful meatloaf I have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.
- 2 lbs fatty ground beef
- 2 whole large eggs
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 large yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- A generous handful of raw spinach
- 3-4 ounces of goat cheese (I used garlic and herb)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (optional)
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- A tablespoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Preheat your oven to °425 F.
- 2In a large bowl mix the beef, eggs, scallions, onions, and garlic until well combined.
- 3Add the cayenne, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix again
- 4Lay a long sheet of plastic wrap or aluminum foil down onto your work space. Then roll out the beef to form a long rectangle. It should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Add the spinach and the goat cheese to the middle of the triangle.
- 6Using the plastic wrap or aluminum foil, fold one side over into the middle, followed by the other side. This will form a loaf.
- 7Spread the tomato paste onto the top. (Optional)
- 8Bake for 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches over °150 F.
- 9Slice and enjoy