I love my keto lifestyle. However, 29 years of eating carbohydrates is a hard habit to break. So, when my craving hit I want to have a ketogenic option to keep myself from stuffing all the carbs in my face.
Enter my ketogenic mozzarella biscuits
You can also use cheddar cheese. I just happened to have mozzarella in the house. Cheddar cheese will make them taste more like those delicious biscuits from a certain popular seafood chain.
Using almond flour keeps these biscuits low carb and yet full of flavor.
This is a small batch because it is only my hubby and me this evening, but you can double the recipe to feed more.
You can also swap the almond flour for coconut flour if you happen to have a nut allergy.
Serve warm with butter for a melt in your mouth biscuit.
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 oz finely shredded cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Mix all ingredients except for almond flour in a bowl.
- 3One well combined add in the almond flour
- 4Form into biscuit shape and place on a greased or lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake at 350 for 10-15 mins. Be careful not to bake too long. This will result in dry crumbly biscuits.