I think the one thing I have missed the most since beginning my Ketogenic diet is pancakes. I'm not gonna lie they were a staple in our household. Nothing beats their sweet buttery goodness. However, traditional pancakes are less than good for you. the pancakes alone weigh in at a whopping 20g of sugar and over 40 carbohydrates. Throw in the syrup and you have well over the daily recommended amount of sugar and carbs for nearly 3 days!
A friend of mine told me about cream cheese pancakes. I was a bit skeptical at first, but let me tell you guys, these babies are delicious! With only a few ingredients you can make a breakfast that will conquer any pancake craving all while getting the necessary nutrients to leave you feeling great and full of energy. Feel free to top them any way you choose. I wanted to keep mine simple so they are topped with cream cheese and strawberries, but let your imagination go wild. They are great with berries of all kinds, homemade jams, and even Greek yogurt. I hope you enjoy.
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice or cinnamon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice (I use Stevia)
- 1Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle to medium low to medium heat.
- 2Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 3Pour the batter onto the skillet to the size you desire and cook about one minute on each side, or until cooked through.
- 4Serve with toppings of your choice.