There are two types of people in this world, those who love cilantro, and those who want to set it all on fire and rid the world of the offensive herb forever. A bit extreme, I know, but I have never met anyone who stood any middle ground as far as cilantro was concerned.
Those who hate it tend to really hate it. I on the other hand, think it is the most lovely herb ever grown (well, aside from basil)
This recipe is so flavorful, and my kitchen smelled like heaven. The key is to marinate the chicken for as long as possible. You can choose to only marinate for 15 mins if you are in a hurry, but I suggest at least two hours to really soak up all the goodness.
Also, make sure you do not skip the skillet step. It give the chicken a nice outer crisp.
This dish is a perfect light meal for those warm summer days. My family devoured it. I hope yours loves it too.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- For the Marinade:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1Preheat the oven to °375
- 2Whisk all the Marinade ingredients together in a large bowl, mix well. Place the chicken into the Marinade (make sure it is covered well) marinate for at least 15 mins, but it's best of you can do it longer
- 3Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken until slightly browned. Then flip it and do the same on the other side.
- 4Transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 20 mins. You can also transfer to a baking pan if you do not have a oven safe skillet.
- 5To serve, squirt on some fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro